Wednesday 7 March 2012

Stardate 65648.2.

My first attempt at a steampunk clay bird. Birthday present for my boyfriend's mum.

My last post was in November and in true me-style, I promised to update more. It's now what, March?! I have no idea how that happened... I'm convinced the Earth is spinning faster than it used to. I've been busy though, and by busy I don't mean three hour sandwich making,  I mean actual busy. I've completed several projects, got a new job, and I'm still continuing with uni. (no essays failed last year, boom!)

Okay, that doesn't sound particularly busy but it felt busy and I guess that's what matters.

There's been an interesting developement in my crafting too, as people are now asking me to make custom things for them, which is fantastic! I love hearing new ideas and working with people to make exactly what they want. Whilst over Christmas I experiemented with knitting, crochet, felt and wool, I've reverted back to my love of clay but my projects are made of both. Above and below is a selection of what I've been up to.

In other news, I fell down some particularly slippy stairs and apparently damaged my neck and the top of my spine. So for now, I'm all neck braced and cocodamol-ed up which has made lots of things difficult, but lots of things hilarious at the same time. I'm going to be fine, I just need my muscles to hurry up on their road to recovery! Anyway, I promise I'll post more, the more projects I do, the more posts should come anyway. Fingers crossed...

A knitted octopus!
Knitted acorn..
Knitted mushroom! I adore these.
First attempt at a fabric flower... used a cider bottle top for the centre...




Stemapunk clay chameleon pendant.

Just for fun, Feathers McGraw!

2 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy Jay...really busy!
    Hope you're feeling better in the spine and neck department - what a pain!
    I love all your creations, clever re-use of a cider bottle top!!
    You have introduced me to a whole new world - Steampunk...right up my street! Your steampunk characters are really intricate..do you have a magpie like collection of shiny wheels, dials and nutty bits?
    Really exciting that you are being commissioned to create custom pieces..but not surprising as you have such a professional and artistic style!
    Keep up the fantabulous work - on all fronts sandwich making included...I don't know where you find the time to fit it all in!
    Off to research steampunk a bit more...
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steampunk is amazing! I love all things steampunk and yep, I've aquired a whole host of little cogs and gears! My boyfriend quite often brings me bits of scrap metal and broken bits from the planes he's working on so my collection keeps growing.

    Still feeling rough on the neck front but all should heal up soon (hopefully). If anything its given me plenty of time to catch up on blogs and things I've missed. Your felt creations are still amazing!

    Hope to keep busy, if not I revert back to being a student and want to sleep all the time...

    ReplyDelete